Welcome

Saturday, April 24, 2010

3 Mo Divas Rock Da' House for One Night Only

Last night three sassy, sultry and soulful divas full of feminity and attitude gave a command performance in Queens, New York at the Colden Center for the Performoning Arts. They were so awesome they received a standing ovation before the finale. Who could sit down. We clapped, laughed, sang along, tapped our feet, had a lttle church, and clapped again-- all night long. I couldn't believe that we were at intermission so quickly and was shocked that they had sung so many songs by the time the show was over. You could hear a collective groan from the audience when they realized that the show was over.

I knew there was no turning back when one of the divas jumped on the piano and banged out a song and tune. The accompanying musicians were simply phenomenal in their ability to sync with the divas. There is not a single boring moment in this show--not possible with these powerhouse performances. Hey, even if you are not into the singing you would be captivated by the charisma and sexy stage presence. I even liked that Italian stuff they sang in the beginning though I didn't understand a single word. These women are so talented they could hum all night and no one would complain.

Clearly, the guy sitting behind me had no complaints as he incessantly bellowed out the tunes with the divas. Finally, I had to give him the dude-you-will- B flat if-you-keep-singing-over-the- divas-look. He caught my stare and said "whassup " with a dash of attitude. Pointing to the prorgam, I whispered, " Bro, its 3 Mo Divas not 4-- so chill with the backround vocals or get up on the stage". After a brief moment of silence, we both laughed. As I turned back around to enjoy the show, however, I suddenly realized how un smart it might have been to irritate a fairly large man seated directly behind me for the next couple of hours. I did momentarily worry he if would smack my head or blow my brains out--afterall this is New York-LOL.

Seriously though, my only complaint was that this spectacular performance was a "one night only" event. This performance was fitting of the Apollo Theatre, Lincoln Center, and Carnegie Hall. I am sure it would be well supported by New Yorkers. 3 Mo' Divas also would have been a perfect Mother's Day Show. (Thank God Black Angels Over Tuskegee is still here in town). In any case, be sure to pick up their DVD on line so mom and the family can enjoy!!

The BAW gives 3 Mo Divas a 10/10. Worth the crazy ride out to Queens and worth every penny. Can't tell the last time I saw an audience so happy and effusive. Check it out on line. http://3modivas.com/





4 comments:

  1. Well said!!! I was at this show and all I can say is AWESOME! Too bad there are no more shows in NY but you would do well to check it out if it is coming anywhere near your town.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this, after reading your post I want to go see it! Thank you for your review, this is phenomenal!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would even fly to another cityy to see this show

    ReplyDelete
  4. And the DVD is not bad either!

    ReplyDelete